The HTC Vigor, rumored to be unveiled this coming November 3 as the HTC Rezound, has revisited the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) anew–this time, for approval of its wireless charging features.
The HTC Vigor already received FCC approval (FCC ID NM8PH98100)a while back for the 4G LTE and CDMA/EVDO antennas that it comes packed with, but HTC just filed new documents with the FCC indicating an addition–that of a wireless-charging back cover. The HTC Vigor is expected to be released on Verizon Wireless.
Wireless charging, better known as inductive charging, makes it possible for an Android smartphone to recharge its battery without using physical wires and plugging the device into a power source. Instead, the device is just placed on top of a charging dock, charging mat, or charging pad connected to the power source, and the device replenishes its battery power without any cable connected.
The HTC Rezound, being a high-end Android smartphone, is expected to have substantial power requirements, especially since it is rumored to carry the following specs:
- 4.3-inch touchscreen display
- HD (1280×720) display resolution
- Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread with HTC Sense 3.5
- Beats by Dr. Dre audio technology
- 1.5 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor
- 1 GB RAM
- 16 GB internal storage
- microSD storage expansion slot (32 GB)
- 8-megapixel primary camera (capable of 1080p Full HD video recording)
- 2-megapixel secondary camera
- 4G LTE data connection on Verizon Wireless
- Mobile Hotspot features
- 1,620 mAh removable battery
- Wireless inductive charging
The presence of wireless charging features on the HTC Rezound (HTC Vigor) gives the device one advantage over other high-end Android smartphones such as the Google GALAXY Nexus or the Motorola DROID RAZR. Reports about the recently launched Google GALAXY Nexus and Motorola DROID RAZR do not mention inductive charging or wireless charging.
The HTC Rezound release date on Verizon Wireless is rumored to be on November 10 and expected price (with 2-year contract) is $300.