Various rumors and speculations about the release date of the recently announced Samsung GALAXY Nexus on Verizon Wireless have more or less come and gone, but one rumored date held its ground–November 10.
Verizon has already publicly confirmed that it will, indeed, be one of the many carriers that will carry the GALAXY Nexus, although Verizon’s announcement did not precisely state when it intended to make the GALAXY Nexus available. For that, we can turn to a leaked internal document.
A list of upcoming devices on the Verizon network has been leaked to Android Central, and the screenshot of the online document claims that the GALAXY Nexus is expected to be released on November 10. And its listed minimum advertised price (MAP)? One cent shy of three hundred dollars ($299.99), presumably with a new, two-year contract with Verizon.
Also mentioned on the leaked list are two upcoming and hotly awaited Android smartphones–the Motorola DROID RAZR and the HTC Rezound. The list shows both devices also carrying the same price tag as the GALAXY Nexus. The HTC Rezound, also codenamed the HTC Vigor, shares the same release date as the GALAXY Nexus, while the Motorola DROID RAZR is coming out on October 27.
Both Samsung and Google officially announced the GALAXY Nexus just last week along with the latest version of Google’s mobile operating system, Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. It will be the first device to run Ice Cream Sandwich.
Besides having Android 4.0 as its operating system, the GALAXY Nexus comes with the following specs and features:
- dual-core Texas Instruments OMAP 4460 processor (1.2 GHz)
- 4.65-inch HD Super AMOLED touchscreen (1280×720 resolution)
- 1 GB RAM
- up to 32 GB internal storage
- 5-megapixel main camera and 1.3-megapixel secondary camera
- HSPA+ or LTE connectivity, depending on network or carrier
- Li-ion battery (1,750 mAh)
- light sensor
- proximity sensor
- Near Field Communication (NFC)
- Google mobile apps (Android Market, Gmail, Google Maps 5.0 with 3D maps, Google Earth, Movie Studio, YouTube, Google Calendar, Google+)
- Android Beam
- Face Unlock
- Physical dimensions — 135.5 mm x 67.94 mm x 8.94 mm
- Weight: 135 grams
It won’t be very long before the GALAXY Nexus lands in carriers and stores around the world. Just patiently wait a bit.
Feature image courtesy of Samsung Tomorrow